Setting Up Your Shopping Cart Software.
Following the steps below will transform your HTML web page(s) into an ecommerce, shopper-ready environment. QCCart shopping cart software is user-friendly and intuitive to use and does not require complicated programming and high-cost maintenance.
- Sign-Up For A Shopping Cart Account.
- Login to the shopping cart administration - Merchant Login - found at the top right hand corner of the pages on the QCCart web site to configure your Order Form and the shopping cart settings.
- Configure your "Cart Settings". Most of these have acceptable defaults. However, you may want to customize the shopping cart look and feel to be more like your website. Each option has a help button if you need additional information about a setting. There is a "Preview Cart" button at the bottom of each step so that you can view your shopping cart with the current settings.
- Create an HTML page to use as your test page. You can test your document either on your local system (this requires an open Internet connection) or by uploading this web page to your site. We recommend that at first you create only one button and test it to your satisfaction before creating additional buttons. Creating only a single button will save you time if you find that you made a mistake, or missed an option.
- Create your "ADD TO CART" buttons by using the "Button Builder" options within the QCCart Administration to create the "Add to Cart" button. Or, if you prefer, you can manually create the HTML for your add buttons using the documentation found here. Note: remember to create only one button and then completely test it before creating additional buttons.
- Double-check your shipping prices. You can do this by clicking on your first test button. You will need to proceed to "Check Out" so that the shopping cart software will display the shipping cost. Check the amount to make sure that it is accurate. The most common problems with shipping are:
- Inaccurate product shipping weight. (Remember to include packing materials in your weights and costs.)
- Incomplete setup in step #6 "Shipping Options" under "Cart Settings" of the QCCart Administration
- Product shipping method is not setup properly.
- Create your "VIEW CART" buttons (optional). This creates a button that allows customers to see what is in their cart. Go to QCCart Administration under "Button Builders" to create the "View Cart" button. This is not required since the add button will automatically allow the user to view their cart.
- Create your "CHECKOUT" buttons (optional). This step creates a checkout button so that customers can go directly to checkout from your website. Go to QCCart Administration under "Button Builders" to create a "Check Out" button. This is not required since the add/view buttons will give your customers the option to checkout.
- Test your page and verify your settings. When these steps are completed accurately, you should be able to add an item to the shopping cart, view the contents, checkout, and receive secure order notification via email. Test credit card numbers can be found here.
Following these easy steps will completely setup your shopping cart software. If you want to do more to customize your shopping cart other steps are available.